How to build an Online Store
The good news is you don’t need lots of money, time or technical knowledge to build an online store. Also it’s a great way to gain extra money even if the puzzle is to know from where to start to build an online store.
With following our simple steps, you’ll be able to create your own online store.
1- Select the right products to sell.
This sounds so obvious that it’s barely worth saying, but picking the ‘right’ products to sell is absolutely essential to the success of your store. By ‘right’ we’re not talking about quality – you should obviously avoid selling the ‘uniqueness’ of your products.
2- Project description and features.
- Web site should be built to represent company brand through online interface to generate business leads. As a key player in the market, we believe that company will benefit from having an appealing website that fits the vision and expectation of their niche market.
Each item should be part of category and sub category also each item should be listed with the below specs:
- Images (zoomable)
- Videos (optional)
- Item specs (weight, dimensions, colors, etc..)
- Available on stock or not.
- Threshold (the no. of items that will raise the low stock flag).
- Each item will be created with starting stock.
- Every confirmed selling process, the stock will decrease by one item.
- When the no. of items in stock is less than the threshold, the low stock flag
will appear beside the item and notification will appear to site admin.
- In case of return, the stock will increase with one item.
- Delivery module is accessible by admin, and delivery handler.
- Once the payment is done, the order will be forwarded to the delivery
- The package will have one of the below statuses:
- Packing: the package is still in the store. (automatic status once
the request is done)
- In the way: package is out of our store and in the way to the client
(updated by delivery handler).
- Delivered: package delivered to client hands (updated by delivery
handler and approved by client).
- Request form.
- User can add items to his shopping cart without login.
- Shopping cart should be usually there to check the items in the cart.
- Easy to reach add to cart button for each item.
- Once the user finish his shopping experience and pressed on check out
he will be asked to login with his email.
- User can pay online or cash on delivery.
- User can add his favorite payment method and save it.
- All the payment and checkout process will be handled through one
screen for fast checkout.
- User can add his addresses and can select the delivery address
- User can add or remove items to his cart while doing the checkout.
- Payment method API should be provided from client side is at least 30
days before final delivery.
- Billing handling will be done online through the selected payment
- Related items: should appear as per the current item category.
- User can share the products through social media.
- Build on Website owners server.
- Online training for two employees from client side.
- Server setup documentation.
Out of scope.
- Data entry.
- On-site training.
- Online marketing.
- DevOps: after delivery server management.