IT Staff Augmentation
Your staff enhancement provides hourly and/or part-time software engineers to support the software development cycle of your internal team as needed. This avoids lengthy procurement and recruitment processes and facilitates the recruitment of very demanding functions that may be required on a limited basis.
What is IT staff augmentation:
The growth of the workforce is an outsourcing model designed for personnel or company projects based on current objectives or staffing needs. In the context of staffing, this usually means setting up the required developers (usually remote developers) for projects and businesses.
It often happens that a company for various reasons can not find the human resources it needs. In this case, it is always a good idea to find and recruit the desired team members of the company.
How IT Staff Outsourcing Works:
There is no difficulty with this model. To make it work, follow these steps:
- Identify the required skills, qualifications, expertise, number of developers, etc. First, before starting to search for candidates to join your team, you need to know who to look for. You need to define the exact number of people you want to hire and requirements for candidates. These should include skills, qualifications, years of experience and so forth.
- Review and selection. Once you know exactly who you want to hire, the next step is to begin the search process. Find and review suitable candidates. Conduct interviews and have them pass tests to ensure they are qualified enough to join your team.
- Integration of new team members. It is a mistake to think that once you’ve signed agreements with the new team members, all the hard work is over.
- Continuous support and nurturing. Even after the integration process, you must continue providing support to your new employees on an ongoing basis. Collecting feedback and building strong relationships with them is crucial for effective cooperation.
Advantages of Using IT Staff Augmentation Services:
It is not surprising that IT staff outsourcing is so popular as there are many advantages to it. Let’s see what they are:
- Lower development costs
- Less recruitment headache
- Lower operational costs
- Less legal headache
- Access to the rare and needed specialists
- Increased output and team size
Important Aspects of IT Augmentation You Need to Know About:
Besides the apparent advantages, you also need to know about some important peculiarities of this cooperation model. Let’s see what they are:
- NDA, protection of intellectual property. You want to be sure that your intellectual property remains safe. For this reason, the agreement you sign with a staff outsourcing firm must contain NDA (non-disclosure agreement). Remember, your remote developers become full-time employees and get access to confidential information so it’s vital to ensure they don’t misuse it.
- The outsourcing company remains the official employer of your remote developers. Even though they work for your company and become members of your team, the outsourcing company is their official employer. Therefore, it’s important to clearly define each party’s area of responsibility in the contract and agree on the specific working terms (number of days off, vacations, etc.).
- Transparent monthly fee. Ideally, the outsourcing company should charge a flat monthly fee for every developer it provides. The fee should include the actual salary and the company’s fee for providing the service. Such payment terms are transparent and fair.
What Is the Difference Between Managed IT Services and IT Staff Outsourcing?
Managed services imply just that – the outsourcing company manages the staff. In the case of staff augmentation, however, the end client is managing the team. In other words, which side a project manager is on draws the line between managed services and staff augmentation.
If the client company already has qualified tech management staff (CTO, PM, etc.) then there is not likely to be a need to use managed services. Otherwise, if the client’s side is not capable of managing remote developers then managed services are the right choice.
IT staff augmentation services entail the allocation of dedicated technical resources, usually offshore, hired as overseas development extensions of in-house application development teams on fixed or flexible terms and conditions.
This is a service where the provider will augment the client’s workforce with skilled persons.
The Client is still responsible to manage the persons and the work which they will be completing.
The software developers are hired based on their technological skillset. Using IT staff augmentation services provide a one-window solution to companies who might require application development across diverse technology verticals.